Raft & Climb Adventure
One Week, Ages 12-14 years
Maximum Group Size: 12
Spend the week based out of large rafts as we float down
Note to Parents: As the North
During the week you will be practicing your skills in:
· Rock Climbing & Rappelling
· Mountain hiking
· Camping Skills
· And much more...
Evenings will be spent
· Learning survival skills (shelter building).
· Having campfires.
· Playing Initiative games.
· Story telling, and lots more!
When you arrive at COE you will
spend a couple of hours getting packed and organized before heading out to our
put-in point near the Banff National Park boundary. From here we will raft a
short ways down the river before pitching camp for the night. The next two days
will be spent hiking into and climbing a fun mountain a short distance from the
river. Once we return to the rafts we will paddle down to the Kootenay plains
area where we will spend the next day rock climbing. On the last day, another
paddle brings us to the end of our trip at
What to Bring
· Clothing (track suit for running, running shoes, sweaters, socks (lots), shorts, T-shirts and sweat pants) Avoid jeans except for indoors.
· Warm jacket (fleece best), Warm pants (not jeans).
· Rain Jacket and Pants
· Gloves, hat and toque
· Swim wear/ water shoes
· Toiletries, towels, facecloth
· Sleeping bag (should be one that can be packed in a back pack with lots of room to spare) good to minus 10.
· Lightweight Sleeping Pad (blue foamie or thermarest) - available for loan if required.
· Day pack or back pack (We can rent you one, if you don't have one, $10 for the week)
· Most important of all is a good pair of hiking boots(best) or hiking shoes!!
· Camera and pocket money (optional)
· Sunglasses, Sunscreen
· 2 - 1L Waterbottles (Nalgene brand best)
· Make sure to properly label all of your gear.
Please avoid bringing valuables to camp. We will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Do NOT Bring
The following items are not allowed at COE summer youth programs
· Cell Phones
· MP3 Players, Walkmans, etc.
· Gameboys, Nintendo's, etc.
Cost & Dates
$775 + taxes = $813.75
July 15 - 21, 2018
Sign Me Up!
us for a registration package OR
Mail or e-mail in forms with a $150 deposit to hold your child’s spot on the camp.
Drop off time is 4:00 pm Sunday at COE.
information about our programs please contact us:
Centre for Outdoor Education,
Phone: (403) 721-2208 Fax: 1-888-314-3690 E-mail:email@example.com