Backcountry Alpine Adventure
One Week, Ages 14-17, intermediate fitness level required.
Minimum Group Size 4 Maximum Group Size: 8
A great introduction to
mountaineering and rock climbing! Spend the week living out of your backpack as
we hike through the spectacular wilderness of the
No previous experience is required, just determination and a sense of adventure!
During the week you will be practicing your skills in:
· Rock Climbing and Rappelling
· Backcountry Camping & Cooking
· Survival Skills
· and much more...
What to Bring
(track suit for running, running shoes, sweaters, socks (lots), shorts,
T-shirts and sweat pants) Avoid jeans except for indoors.
· Warm jacket (fleece best), Warm pants (not jeans).
· Rain Jacket and Pants
· Gloves, hat and toque
· Swim wear/ water shoes
· Toiletries, towels, facecloth
· Sleeping bag (should be one that can be packed in a back pack with lots of room to spare) good to minus 10.
· Lightweight Sleeping Pad (blue foamie or thermarest) - available for loan if required.
· Day pack or back pack (We can rent you one, if you don't have one, $10 for the week)
· Most important of all is a good pair of hiking boots(best) or hiking shoes!!
· Camera and pocket money (optional)
· Sunglasses, Sunscreen
· 2 - 1L Waterbottles (Nalgene brand best)
· Make sure to properly label all of your gear.
Please avoid bringing valuables to camp. We will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Do NOT Bring
The following items are not allowed at COE summer youth programs
· Cell Phones
· MP3 Players, Walkmans, etc.
· Gameboys, Nintendo's, etc.
Cost & Dates
$875 + taxes = $918.75
Sign Me Up!
us for a registration package OR
Mail or e-mail in forms with a
$150 deposit to hold your child’s spot on the camp.
information about our programs please contact us:
Centre for Outdoor Education,
Phone: (403) 721-2208 Fax: 1-888-314-3690 E-mail:email@example.com