Youth Adventure Program - Lodge Based
One Week, Ages 9 - 11 and 12 - 13
Maximum Group Size: 16
Its back! It's tried and true, our Week Long Summer Youth Adventure Camps. From the moment you arrive until the day you leave, you'll be challenged and amazed with a different adventure activity each day. It's fun and exciting. You'll make new friends, and perhaps meet up with some old friends as well.
Camps based out of COE with one night in the Back Country
During the week of camp you will be having adventures in:
· Rock Climbing and Rappelling
· Mountain hiking
· Overnight Expedition
Wait! that's not all. We still have plenty of daylight, so in the evenings you'll be:
· Learning survival skills (shelter building).
· Playing "Capture the Flag" or other field games.
· Playing Initiative games.
· Having campfires, learning star science, and lots more.
When you arrive
on day 1, you will meet your instructor and all of the rest of the campers.
Just to get you going, we may take you down to the lake for a swim test
(lifejackets may be worn) to get you ready for kayaking. After dinner, a hike
around the area and playing some games will round off the day.
Each day we get up pretty early, to get a head start. We do a bit of stretching and exercising to get your appetite going so you'll eat a big breakfast. Pack your lunches and you're off on your adventure. When you get back to the COE at night, you'll be pooped, but after a delicious supper, you'll be ready to go again.
Come on out and get a "TASTE" of adventure on one of our Summer Youth Adventure Programs!
What to Bring
Clothing (track suit for running, running shoes, sweaters, socks (lots), shorts, T-shirts and sweat pants) Avoid jeans except for indoors.
· Warm jacket (fleece best), Warm pants (not jeans).
· Rain Jacket and Pants
· Gloves, hat and toque
· Swim wear/ water shoes
· Toiletries, towels, facecloth
· Sleeping bag and pillow (sleeping bag should be one that can be packed in a back pack) good to minus 10.
· Day pack or back pack (We can rent you one, if you don't have one, $10 for the week)
· Most important of all is a good pair of hiking boots(best) or hiking shoes!!
· Camera and pocket money (optional)
· Sunglasses, Sunscreen
· 2 - 1L Waterbottles (Nalgene brand best)
· Make sure to properly label all of your gear.
Please avoid bringing valuables to camp. We will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Do NOT Bring
The following items are not allowed at COE summer youth programs
· Cell Phones
· MP3 Players, Walkmans, etc.
· Gameboys, Nintendo's, etc.
Cost & Dates
Sign Me Up!
us for a registration package OR
Mail or e-mail in forms with a $150 deposit to hold your child’s spot on the camp.
Drop off time: 4 pm Sunday. Please be on time, not any earlier thanks.
time: Noon Saturday. Please be on time!
information about our programs please contact us:
Centre for Outdoor Education,
Phone: (403) 721-2208 Fax: 1-888-314-3690 E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org