Custom Outdoor Experience Guides
Custom Outdoor Experience Guiding is done by ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide Mike Adolph.
Additional ACMG guides may be contracted as required.
Mike has been climbing and guiding for almost fifteen years and has made a number of difficult including a
number of first ascents. He has extensive guiding experience on all types of terrain. Years spent teaching
skills courses to adults and youth have made him a skilled instructor who is keen to pass on his knowledge.
Some of Mike's previous students have even gone on to become sucsessful guides and instructors who now are
operating their own companies!
Check out some New Routes on rock, ice, and in the alpine!
ACMG/IFMGA Mountain Guide
CAA Level 2 Operations
CAA Professional Member
Top achievments include:
- Mt. Howse - NE Buttress (V 5.8 A1)
- Mt. Andromeda - Andromeda Strain direct (V 5.9+ A1 WI4)
- Mt. Andromeda - Astroid Alley (IV 5.9 WI5)
- Mt. Elliot - Cool Climbing (IV 5.8R M4 WI4+) - ice climb, first ascent
day blitz of the Rockies four highest peaks in winter: Mt. Robson (39
hour single push); North Twin (1 day); Mt. Clemenceau and Mt. Columbia
traverse (48 hours)
- Numerous ice climbs throughout the Rockies up to WI6+ and M8.
- Numerous first ascents of rock routes up to 5.11, ice routes up to WI6, and alpine routes of all types.
- Rock climbs up to grade V 5.10+ A2 around North America and New Zealand.
Mike has also recently started kiteboarding and hopes to bring his new skills into the COE course line up in the near future.
<--Back to COE.CA
For more information about our programs please contact us:
COE, General Delivery, Nordegg, AB, T0M 2H0
Phone: (403) 721-2208 Fax: 1-888-314-3690